bg

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bamboo vs. Hemp: The Great Debate

There are many great debates in the world of cloth diapering:

Wool vs. Pul      Snaps vs. Aplix      Snap down rise vs. Fold down rise

Need I go on...?

Another is bamboo vs. hemp.

Both are awesome fabrics, 4x more absorbent than cotton, and more sustainable too.

Bamboo is softer overall, while hemp is thicker.  I can't decide what I like better.

I need YOUR help!

280 gsm bamboo/organic cotton fleece
(This is what I currently use for the inserts-6 layers total)

340 gsm bamboo/organic cotton fleece
This is what I may start using instead.

Comparison of above two types of fleeces--280 on top, 340 on bottom...
see how much thicker the 340 is?
Hemp/Organic Cotton Fleece
(Very thick, and more cost effective as opposed to the thicker b/oc fleece)
LOVE!

Thickness of hemp

Just 4 layers of hemp! Wow! Soo thick! 

Organic bamboo/hemp blend
I LOVE this...

2 layers of bamboo/hemp

Bamboo fleece PUL...
bamboo on one side, pul on the other but one piece of fabric

The fleece on top, I may move to a different method, so as to create more absorbency...
Maybe like an actual layer of pul and then one of the above fabrics on top? I'm thinking hemp/oc fleece...

  I'm still on the fence about what to use full-time....in general, though not always, the all in two diapers have bamboo, and the fitteds have hemp.
Hmmmm, I see some super special and fast drying fitteds in the future!
 ;o) wink, wink, nudge, nudge



No comments:

Post a Comment